Dispatch Health is a new application you can download on your phone that lets you request certified providers to come to where ever you are and evaluate your health needs. “DispatchHealth is an on-demand, in-home, care delivery platform designed to address the healthcare needs of the on-demand consumer, as well as the needs of the consumer that struggles with access to care,” said Mark Prather, CEO of DispatchHealth.
This is beneficial to many people who have a hard time getting in the car and going directly to the doctors. Senior Citizens and people who are disabled can greatly benefit from this new app. Millennials have a hard time affording a visit to the emergency room without benefits. With the cost of health care rising, people are looking for cheaper ways to purchase health related products and service. Fortunately this app is cost effective. The average emergency room visit can run as high as $2,200, while a DispatchHealth visit can cost approximately a tenth of that.
Here are other reasons why you should down Dispatch Health:
1. The Dispatch Medical Team spends as much time as you need understanding your concerns while most physicians spend roughly 15 minutes during your visit.
2. People spend up to four hours in the emergency room during a visit while the DispatchHealth wait time is approximately an hour.
3. The professionals are board-certified, ER trained, physicians and nurse practitioners.
4. DispatchHealth can treat just about anything that can be seen in an urgent care center. Examples include upper respiratory infections, sinusitis, sore throat, urine and skin infections, minor trauma, lacerations, nosebleeds, asthma attacks, allergic reactions, vomiting, inability to urinate, constipation, and dehydration.
5. The mobile practitioners come prepared with IV medications, antibiotics, repair lacerations, splint injured extremities, and more.
6. They are contracted with all major insurance companies including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, Cigna, Humana, and Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield.
While Dispatch Health is an amazing service for minor sickness and injuries, you should always call 911 if you have a real emergency. We have information on our website for doctors that will take care of your serious needs.