If you are a parent, the most important thing to you is your children’s safety and health. Having quality health benefits will keep your kids healthy throughout the year and catch potential health risks early.
With the health insurance you have, you can bring your kids to their yearly checkups to their pediatrician, get vaccines, and other essential health care visits.
Here are five essential health benefits for your kids:
1. Well-baby and well-child exams are a free benefit for children from birth to age 18. These regular checkups give you the opportunity to look at your kids overall health, keep up with their vaccines, and catch potential health risks early on.
2. Lab testing. Preventive lab testing is covered-in-full by your health plan when completed during a well-baby or well-child exam.
Free preventive lab testing for children includes:
For newborns: Hemoglobinopathies (sickle cell) screening, hypothyroidism screening, and phenylketonuria (PKU) screening.
For young children and adolescents: chlamydia screening, gonorrhea screening, hepatitis C screening (for children at higher risk, including children born to HCV-positive mothers), and HIV screening.
3. Vaccinations. Vaccinations are significant to your child’s health. They prevent your child from getting life threatening diseases, and the spreading of these diseases to other people. Preventative vaccinations are often covered by your health plan, always check in with your provider to see what exactly your plan covers.
4. Vision screenings. Routine eye exams ensure that you are up to date on your child’s vision and eye health. Basic vision screenings are free with your health plan, glasses and contacts are usually a separate cost.
5. Dental services. Most dental plans offer free preventative care, including cleanings and coverage for orthodontics, fillings, and x-rays.
Insurance coverage can be overwhelming – confusing options, endless paperwork and tedious legalities.
Cosmo Insurance Agency makes it easy. Our team has mastered every detail of the insurance process and will walk you through the process to the end, so you can be 100% confident when signing on the dotted line.
Cosmo’s dedicated service doesn’t end with the selection and signing of your policy. Whether its healthcare, life insurance, long term care, vision, dental, or disability, Cosmo Insurance Agency will be there every step of the way. Our staff maintains close contact and is always only a quick phone call away for questions or concerns relating to billing, provider issues, claims or reimbursements and your insurance renewal. Give us a call today!