1. Take Action: Don’t just sign up for the same plan you had last year. Do some research and know your options. If you do not switch your plan, you will automatically be re-enrolled in the plan you had the previous year. Plans, premiums, deductibles, networks of doctors, hospitals and other providers change every year. Contact Cosmo to review your current plan, we can analyze and determine if there are better options out there for you.
2. Know your dates: Open Enrollment for New Jersey starts November 1st, 2018 and ends December 15th, 2018. You must sign up for a plan by December 15th or you will have to wait till the next enrollment period.
3. Reach out to see if you could receive help paying your premiums. It is definitely possible since 84% of people qualify.
4. You may be eligible to save on out-of-pocket expenses. Qualifying for these savings depends on your income and if you sign up for a silver plan.
5. Learn the metal tiers. Understand your options. Depending on the type of plan you choose – Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum – you’ll pay a different percentage of total yearly costs for your care; your insurer will pay the rest.
6. Estimate your health care costs. Do you have a health condition? If you know you will have to pay a certain amount of money a month due to a health condition, you should be researching plans that can help cover these costs.
7. Make sure your plan is accepted by your doctors. Doctors may change which insurance plans they take every year so contact your doctor to make sure yours is accepted.
8. Qualify for Medicaid? That may be the best option for you.
9. Make sure you sign up! You can enroll online, over the phone, or in person. Cosmo is here all year round to help you choose a plan that is right for you. We provide a personalized experience that goes beyond the enrollment period. We can take care of financial issues due to medical bills and other issues regarding your health plan.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN