To all who are celebrating, Happy Passover!
According to religionfacts.com, “Passover (also known as Pesach and the Festival of Unleavened Bread) is a spring holiday commemorating the Exodus, one the most important events in the history of Judaism and an important foundation for all Jewish beliefs. Passover remembers the liberation of the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt in the time of Moses (circa 13th century BCE). Many of its observances are instituted in chapters 12 to 15 of the book of Exodus.”
During Passover, there are some restrictions on food that can be eaten. Matzah, unleavened bread, is an important food during the celebration . All leaven (chametz) must be completely removed from ones house during Passover. This symbolizes removing ones “puffiness”, or pride, from one’s soul.
Chametz includes a list of foods including: five major grains (wheat, rye, barley, oats and spelt) that has not been completely cooked within 18 minutes after coming into contact with water.
And for Ashkenazic Orthodox Jews, chametz also includes rice, corn, peanuts, and beans since most of these are used to make bread.
Below or facts you may not have known about Passover:
1. The World’s Largest Passover Seder Takes Place in Nepal.
2. Abraham Lincoln Was Assassinated During Passover.
3. Coca-Cola Makes a Special Batch of Kosher Coke for Passover. Coke is usually a kosher product. During Passover the dietary laws forbid the consumption of corn, which makes high-fructose corn syrup a no no. For that reason, Coca-Cola makes a batch of limited edition Coke that uses real sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup. Look for bottles with yellow caps on them to ensure they are the Passover/Kosher edition.
4. The First American Edition of the Haggadah Was Published in 1837. The Haggadah is the book or text Jews read from during Passover. It tells the origins of the holiday and explains how the Seder is supposed to proceed
5. Manischewitz is a Brand, Not the Hebrew Word for Kosher Wine.
Insurance coverage can be overwhelming – confusing options, endless paperwork and tedious legalities.
Cosmo Insurance Agency makes it easy. Our team has mastered every detail of the insurance process and will walk you through the process to the end, so you can be 100% confident when signing on the dotted line.
Cosmo’s dedicated service doesn’t end with the selection and signing of your policy. Whether its healthcare, life insurance, long term care, vision, dental, or disability, Cosmo Insurance Agency will be there every step of the way. Our staff maintains close contact and is always only a quick phone call away for questions or concerns relating to billing, provider issues, claims or reimbursements and your insurance renewal. Give us a call today!
GET A QUOTE ONLINE!