The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics introduced March as National Nutrition Month to urge Americans to make healthy food choices and promote physical activity. Many of you are working people who barely have time to make breakfast in the morning. Celebrating nutrition and a healthy lifestyle at the workplace will motivate everyone to engage in healthy habits. Here are some ideas you can implement at your workplace to celebrate National Nutrition Month:
- E-mail a nutrition fact of the day to your colleagues every day during March. Post the same fact in a visible place in your workplace.
- Incorporate National Nutrition Month tips on your website and as part of your signature on e-mails during March.
- Have a potluck and have everyone bring in a healthy dish.
- Use technology. Think about the listservs, chat rooms, blogs, and websites you interact with on a regular basis. During March, incorporate nutrition messages into your posts and generate nutrition discussions whenever possible.
- Prepare a tasty, healthy treat for your coworkers. Provide the recipe and nutrient analysis.
- Host a presentation about the benefits of maintaining a healthy life style.
- Design a nutrition true/false quiz for your coworkers. Provide small prizes for those who answer correctly. Enter all participants into a drawing for a larger door prize (nutrition related, of course)!
It is important to spread the message of health and wellness throughout your workplace. It is always a great idea to get everyone involved. Another important aspect of a healthy lifestyle includes offering health insurance to your employees. Employees who are offered health insurance and benefits are more likely to stick around in the long run. Cosmo Insurance can guide you to picking the right insurance plan for you and your employees. Contact us today for a consultation.
15 America Ave., Suite 203, Lakewood, NJ 08701
2 University Plaza Dr., Suite 100, Hackensack, NJ 07601