Blueberries are sweet, nutritious and wildly popular.
Often labeled a superfood, they are low in calories and incredibly good for you.
They’re so tasty and convenient that many people consider them their favorite fruit.
Here are 10 proven health benefits of blueberries.
1. They are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K
2. Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all the popular fruits and vegetable. Flavonoids appear to be the berries antioxidant with the greatest impact.
3. Several studies suggest that blueberries and blueberry juice reduce DNA damage, which is a leading driver of aging and cancer.
4. The antioxidants in blueberries have been shown to reduce a predominant risk factor heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to “bad” LCL cholesterol.
5. Regular blueberry intake is tied to lower blood pressure in numerous studies.
6. Some evidence indicates that eating fruits rich in anthocyanins such as blueberries is associated with reduced risk of heart attacks.
7. The antioxidants in blueberries. Seem to benefit your brain by aiding brain function and delaying mental decline.
8. Several studies demonstrate that blueberries have anti-diabetes effects, improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
9. Like cranberries, blueberries contain substances that can prevent certain bacteria from binding to the wall of your bladder, which may help prevent UTIs.
10. One study suggest that blueberries may aid muscle recovery after strenuous exercise, though more research is needed.
Blueberries are incredibly healthy and nutritious. They boost your heart health, brain function and numerous other aspects of your body.
What’s more, they’re sweet, colorful and easily enjoyed either fresh or frozen.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE