Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Even though babies don’t have all their teeth yet, they can still get all the nutrients their bodies and developing smiles need. Sweet potatoes are jam-packed with mouth-friendly nutrients like vitamins A and C for gum health. This recipe for mashed sweet potatoes is naturally sweet but doesn’t contain added sugars. Plus, it’s easy to make for busy parents who have their hands full.
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
¼ to 1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons salted butter
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add sweet potatoes. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Drain sweet potatoes in a colander. Shake to remove water. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add ¼ cup milk, butter and salt. Use a potato masher or hand blender to mash until smooth. Add remaining milk if necessary. Serve warm.
Cheesy Barbecue Chicken Zucchini Boats
Your family will love the cheesy flavor of these zucchini boats. You’ll love the fact that they’re easy to prepare and make great leftovers. High in protein and teeth-strengthening nutrients, this melty meal is also low in carbs, which can lead to tooth decay.
4 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
1½ tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
½ red onion, diced
1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 cup low-sugar barbecue sauce
1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 9x13 pan with olive oil.
2. Scoop out centers from zucchini, leaving a ¼ -inch rim to create boats. Place zucchini in pan and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and place over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cooked chicken, ½ cup barbecue sauce and ½ cup cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini boats.
5. Top each with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and 1½ tablespoons cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cheese has melted and zucchini is tender.
Dark Chocolate Covered Bananas
You can satisfy your sweet tooth without wrecking your smile, thanks to this goody. The delectable dark chocolate shell on these frozen bananas contains just half the sugar of milk chocolate.1
4 to 5 ripe bananas, peeled and halved
1 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Insert wooden stick into cut side of each banana half. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
2. In a small saucepan, melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat until smooth.
3. Dip frozen banana halves in chocolate. Place dipped bananas back on parchment paper. Return bananas to freezer for 30 to 60 minutes.
4. Store in an airtight zip-top bag in freezer.
Protect your smile! Get dental insurance today, call Cosmo Insurance at 732-363-3888
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
CONTACT COSMO NOW
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
GET A DENTAL INSURANCE QUOTE