Thanksgiving is right around the corner and you might be worried about what you’re going to eat if you have dietary restriction. Here are 3 pumpkin pie recipes to completes your thanksgiving menu.
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie
· 3 large eggs
· 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree)
· 1 cup full fat coconut milk*
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ¾ cup light brown sugar
· ½ tsp sea salt
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
· ½ tsp sea salt
· 1 TBS granulated sugar
· ½ cup earth balance vegan butter sticks chilled, and cut into 1 inch pieces**
· ¼ cup ice cold water
Make the pie Crust:
1. Place the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor fitted with an “S” blade and pulse to combine.
2. Add the vegan butter and cold water and process until the mixture resembles a coarse meal, begins to stick together, and holds together when pinched.
3. Remove dough from processor (will be crumbly) and form into a ball.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes or overnight
Make the filling:
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
2. Whisk in the pumpkin, coconut milk and vanilla extract until combined.
3. Add sugar, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix until completely combined.
Putting it together
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a pie plate and set aside.
3. Roll out your pie dough on a well-floured surface (pastry cloth) to fit the size of your pie plate.
4. Carefully transfer the dough to the pie plate and shape the crust how you want it to look.
5. Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust and cover the crust with a pastry shield
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
7. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. It may be a bit wobbly still, but it will firm-up as it cools.
8. Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours (Be patient! This is important). Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
· 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
· 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
· 1 (9-inch) gluten-free pie crust
· White rice flour, for dusting
· 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1 cup half-and-half, or full-fat coconut milk whisked until smooth
· 2 large eggs
· 1 large egg yolk
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F.
2. Purée the pumpkin purée with an immersion blender or in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment until smooth. Spread the purée in an 8-inch square baking dish. Bake until the purée bubbles gently and turns slightly darker, about 18 minutes.
3. Remove the purée from the oven and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Roll out the pie crust between two pieces of lightly white rice-floured parchment paper. Remove the top piece of parchment and invert a 9-inch pie plate onto the center of the dough. Slide your hand between the parchment and your counter. Place your other hand on the back of the 9-inch pie plate. In one quick motion, flip the dough and pan over. Press the dough into the pan. Slowly pull off the parchment paper. If the dough tore or ripped, press it back together. Trim and crimp the edges. Chill for 20 minutes while the oven preheats.
5. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
6. Line the pie crust with aluminum foil and fill with dried beans. Bake until the edges just start to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the weights and foil. Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Set the crust aside.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
8. In a large bowl, whisk together the spiced pumpkin purée with the brown sugar until smooth. Add the half-and-half or coconut milk, eggs, egg yolk, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Place the pre-baked pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the filling into the pie crust.
9. Bake until set and a very light golden brown, about 40 minutes. If the crust darkens too much before the filling has baked, cover the edges of the crust with foil to keep it from darkening. The filling will jiggle slightly when you move the pan, but shouldn't look thin. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie
1 pie crust
For the pumpkin filling:
· 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
· 3 eggs
· ¼ cup pure maple syrup
· ¼ cup coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar)
· ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon nutmeg
· ½ teaspoon ground ginger
· ½ teaspoon allspice
· ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Make pie crust as directed.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Make the filling: In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar (or regular sugar) almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice and salt. Mix until well combined and completely smooth. Pour into pie pan.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is no longer jiggly. Check pie after every 20 minutes to make sure crust isn't burning. If it is getting a little too golden brown, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield.
5. Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving. Pie should be kept in fridge once completely cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Store pie in fridge. Serves 9.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
Source: https://joyfoodsunshine.com/dairy-free-pumpkin-pie/ & https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/best-ever-healthy-pumpkin-pie/ & https://www.thekitchn.com/gluten-free-pumpkin-pie-237479