There are certain things in life that we expect to be little painful but definitely not our teeth. Our teeth aren’t supposed to hurt, which is why it’s easy for a toothache to take a person by surprise. Here are some at home remedies for a tooth ache:
- Essential Oils: clove or tea tree essential oil on a cotton swab can minimize some of your tooth pain.
- Rinse with salt water: this is one of the simplest solutions to a temporary toothache. Not only does the saline solution cleanse your mouth and act as an antiseptic, is also gentler than a traditional mouthwash, which generally contains alcohol and can irritate painful teeth and gums.
- Cold compress: it’s an effective way to reduce discomfort associated with gum inflammation and swelling.
- Over-the-counter painkillers: ibuprofen, like Motrin and extra strength acetaminophen, like Tylenol every 4-6 hours can help with the pain until you see the dentist.
- Garlic: not only can it kill harmful bacteria that causes dental plaque but it can also act as a pain reliever.
You should also see the dentist if you experience any type of tooth pain. Even if it’s mild or minor and subsides quickly, it can be a sign of a problem like grinding or clenching your teeth. You could also have an infection or something going on in your gums. That needs to be looked at by a doctor.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A DENTAL INSURANCE QUOTE