Are you sick and feeling crummy? The coughing, sneezing and headaches are already miserable enough. Are you making your cold worse? Here are some common mistakes that everyone does that can make your cold worse.
1. Pretend to not be sick: You can’t just ignore your cold. When you are sick you need to take care of yourself.
2. Not getting enough sleep: Getting sleep is key for your immune system and body’s defense against germs.
3. Stressing out: High levels of stress hormones can stop your immune system from working normally and in result you get worse.
4. Not drinking enough fluids: when you are sick you need lots and lots of fluids. The fluids help thin the mucus which will make your sinuses drain better.
5. Drinking alcohol: Alcohol leaves you dehydrated and make symptoms worse like congestion. So, until you are feeling better try to lay off drinking.
6. Smoking: smoking is already not good for your health even when you’re not sick. It damages cells in your lungs making it harder for you to fight off the cold.
If you are doing any of the above while you are feeling down, try to stop! Taking care of your health is extremely important you only have one health. Also, make sure you have the right health insurance you need to make sure you are staying health. Open Enrollment deadline is December 15th so give us a call to change or enroll in health insurance.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE