When you think about pumpkins, what comes to mind? Jack-o’-lanterns? Pumpkin pie? Pumpkin lattes? Well, there are numerous health benefits of pumpkins. Here are six surprising health benefits of pumpkins:
- Pumpkin helps with digestion. They are a great source of fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and promotes healthy digestion.
- Pumpkin regulates blood pressure. Pumpkin contains potassium and antioxidants, which contribute to good heart health
- Pumpkin reduces cancer risk. A magical combo platter of vitamins A and C, iron, and more nutrients make pumpkin natural armor against cancer cells. In particular, the health benefits of pumpkin decrease risk for prostate, breast, and colon cancers, according to previous research. Consuming the antioxidants found in foods like pumpkin, corn, and beans leads to less oxidative stress, a major factor in decreasing cancer risk.
- Pumpkin combats diabetes. Boosting fiber consumption can help maintain blood sugar levels, too, which can aid in weight loss and help manage diabetes.
- Pumpkin Improves Immunity. The vitamin C in pumpkin is great for your immune system, especially in cold weather.
- Pumpkin improves eye health. This stellar winter squash is a real vision-booster. Pumpkin is rich in carotenoids, which can be converted to vitamin A, important for keeping your skin and eyes healthy.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE