It’s the beginning of the holiday season and with the holidays usually right alongside comes stress. Every year there’s a mixture of feelings from joy and happiness to anxiety and stress because of multiple variables like, financial costs for gifts, family coming to town and conflicts it may bring, and stress of trying to make the perfect meal, clean house and beautiful decorations. Here are 6 tips to help feel balanced and stress free during the holidays:
1. Be realistic- remember what the holidays are really about, enjoying time with family, friends and loved ones.
2. Acknowledge your feelings- take care of yourself, during this busy time we seem to forgot about ourselves. If you aren’t feeling mentally, emotionally or physically healthy, its ok you can’t force yourself to be happy. For example, if someone close to you has recently passed away or you can’t be with some loved ones, its ok and normal to feel sad or grief, take some time for yourself whether its crying or just expressing your feelings.
3. Plan ahead- start early, before the holiday season is in full swing make a to-do list. Be proactive. Wrap presents as you buy them. Do your holiday shopping early.
4. Set a budget and stick to it- before getting gifts and food shopping, decide how much you can afford to spend this holiday. Once you decide on a budget sick to it. Don’t put yourself in debt because of gifts.
5. Ask for help- there’s no reason why you should have to do everything on your own. Ask everyone who’s coming to bring a dish or dessert. Delegate all task this holiday season.
6. Learn to say no- don’t say yes to every project, activity, secret Santa/grab bag. Friends, families and colleagues will understand if you can participate.
Take control of the holiday season. Don’t let it become something you dread. Instead, take all the steps you can to prevent the stress that the holidays may bring. Recognize your holiday triggers before they lead to a meltdown. With positive think and a little planning, you can find joy and happiness during the holidays.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE