Walnuts not only contain good amounts of antioxidants and vitamin E, but they’re also rich in monounsaturated fats. Did you know they also provide high amounts of essential minerals like, copper, manganese, molybdenum and biotin? Here are the 7 benefits of eating walnuts:
1. Reduce the risk of cancer, including prostate and breast cancers.
2. Boost heart health. Thanks to I-arginine, an amino acid with multiple vascular benefits to people with cardiovascular issues, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
3. Combat free radicals to help slow down age related deterioration. Walnuts are rich in unique and powerful antioxidants like the quinone.
4. Maintain a healthy weight. Eating walnuts also increase satiety in just as little as three days.
5. Promote male fertility. Just a 75-gram daily serving of walnuts increased sperm quality and vitality.
6. Support brain health. Neuroprotective compounds like vitamin E, melatonin and folate in walnuts may benefit your cognitive function.
7. Control Type 2 diabetes. Improve metabolic parameter in diabetics.
Tip: Eat the walnut skin! Up to 90% of the antioxidants are in the skin, making it one of the healthiest parts to consume.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE