We’ve all heard the warning that eating late night snacks is a one way ticket to weight gain, insomnia and poor eating habits. Overeating at night is super common. First, let's take a look at the main reasons why we snack at night or overeat throughout the evening. It could be that maybe we are actually hungry and didn’t have an afternoon snack or lunch was hours ago and we’re starving and ready to eat. Maybe we are also turning to food to deal with our emotions like stress and negative feelings. Whatever the reason may be for why we turn to eating late night snack. There are ways we can help prevent ourselves from indulging in food so late.
1. Surround yourself with healthy food. When grocery shopping try to be mindful and make healthy food choices. It’s a lot easier to say “no” once when you’re in the supermarket, than it is to say “no” to it 100 times when you’re home.
2. Stay hydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Drinking enough water means that you’re less likely to overeat. You may tend to eat more when you’re dehydrated.
3. Question your motives. Before you start to indulge in a snack. Ask yourself why you’re actually looking for food. Is it for comfort, boredom or true hunger?
4. Eat healthy meals throughout the day. It may be tempting to help weight loss to skip breakfast or lunch but it can actually lead to overeating later on in the day. So, try eating regular healthy meals and snacks.
5. Eats slowly and mindfully. Instead of wolfing down your dinner and heading straight to dessert. Give your body time in between dinner and dessert so your body can register fullness.
6. Get enough sleep. A bad night sleep can defiantly lead to overeating the next day. Sleep has a huge impact in all areas of health.
7. Snack Strategically. Eat healthy snacks like apples, nuts or veggies.
Staying healthy is important. Be sure to schedule an appointment with your medical physician and contact Cosmo Insurance for the health insurance you need.
Here is a friendly reminder that Open Enrollment has begun and runs until December 15th. Contact Cosmo to explore plans that will be right for you.
Open enrollment is a period of time each year when you can sign up for health insurance. If you don't sign up for health insurance during open enrollment, you can't sign up for health insurance until the next open enrollment period, unless you experience a qualifying event.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE