Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning it can’t be produced by the body. Nevertheless, it has many roles in your body and has been linked to impressive health benefits. It is water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale and spinach. While it’s commonly advised to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements to meet their needs. Here are 6 scientifically proven benefits of taking a vitamin C supplement:
- Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can boost your blood antioxidant levels. This may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart diseases.
- Vitamin C Supplements have been found to lower blood pressure in both healthy adults and adults with existing high blood pressure.
- Vitamin C-rich foods and supplements have been linked to reduces blood uric acid levels and lower risk of gout.
- Vitamin C can improve the absorption of iron that is poorly absorbed, such as iron from meat-free sources. It may also reduce the risk of iron deficiency.
- Vitamin C may boost immunity by helping white blood cells function more effectively, strengthening your skins defense system and helping wounds heal faster.
- Low vitamin C levels have been linked to an increase risk of memory and thinking disorders like dementia, while high intake of vitamin C from foods and supplements has been shown to have a protective effect.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE