We all have to use public restrooms at least one point during our day and we all know that it is filled with germs. Did you know there are places in the bathroom you should completely try to avoid touching.
1. Facet handle: This one is kind of a no-brainer. You turn on the water with dirty, contaminated hands and then turn the water off using the same faucet with clean hands. Even though you washed your hands, you picked up germs on your way out. After washing your hands, grab a paper towel and use it to turn the faucet off. If the bathroom doesn’t have paper towels, turn off the faucet with your elbow.
2. Han Dryers: Not only should you never touch the hand dryers in public restrooms, but you also should never use them—really. According to research done at the University of Westminster in London, jet air dryers spread 190 times more virus than paper towels. When you dry your hands with paper towels, it dries them faster and creates friction, which removes bacteria, leaving your hands much cleaner.
3. The floor: This one is also a no-brainer. And for most people, it’s pretty easy to avoid touching the bathroom floor. Make sure you never place your purse, diaper bag, or backpack on the ground while you use the restroom because any of those items can collect fecal bacteria off the floor. If there isn’t a hook in the stall or on the door, keep it on your shoulder or hold it around your neck
4. Flush handle: A lot of people use their foot to flush the toilet which means there are a ton of germs on it from the bottom of people’s shoes.
5. Soap dispenser: if the soap dispenser is manual, you’ll want to scrub your hands really well after touching it. Many people go for the soap right after going to the bathroom, pumping it out with their germ-covered hands.
6. The walls: The walls of public restrooms are essentially covered in everything that goes into the toilet. Toilet plume, or particles that become airborne when the toilet is flushed, spread all over the walls of the stall or room. Most bathroom walls don’t even get cleaned in public restrooms, so you definitely don’t want to lean against them.
7. The stall door handle: This is one of the first things people touch after using the bathroom. It’s constantly coming in contact with unwashed, germ-covered hands. But it’s pretty hard to avoid touching it, so just make sure to scrub your hands with soap really well after.
8. The door: Everybody knows someone who does the paper towel grab when leaving the bathroom, well, they’re saving themselves from picking up a lot of germ right after washing their hands. A lot of people choose not to clean their hands after using the restroom and just leave, grabbing the door handle on their way out. Try using a paper towel to open it or punch it open with your floor.
It is crucial to take care of your health and make sure you’re not contracting germs from other people so make sure you try to avoid touching anything in the bathroom but if you have to try using a backup way and hand sanitizer even after washing your hands once you get out of the restroom.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE