No matter what season we’re in, tea can be a tasty beverage since it can be served both hot or cold.
The benefits if tea go far beyond refreshing. There is plenty of research showing that drinking tea can actually improve your heath.
Here are 9 health benefits of teas:
1. Tea contains antioxidants: antioxidants work to prevent the body’s version of rust and thus help to keep us young and protect us from damage from pollution.
2. Tea has less caffeine than coffee: herbal bends have no caffeine, while traditional teas have less than 50 percent of what typically is found in coffee. That means you can consume it without those pesky effects on your nervous systems, says Leslie Bonci, nutritionist and owner of Active Eating Advice.
3. Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke: Reports found that nearly 20% reduction in the risk of heart attack and a 35% reduced risk of stroke among those who drank one to three cups of green teas a day.
4. Tea can help with weight loss
5. Tea may help protect your bones
6. Tea can keep your smile bright: Tea changes the pH in your mouth and helps prevent cavities when you drink it.
7. Tea may boost the immune system
8. Tea may help battle cancer: studies on this are currently mixed, which means more research is needed, Bonci says. But in the meantime, “If you’ve got a strong family history of cancer and you want to do anything you can, you might want to increase your tea consumption.”
9. Herbal tea may soothe the digestive system
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE