The thought of sitting in a dentist's chair for most people makes them nervous and anxious. But it’s something everyone needs go at least for their routine checkups. Here are some signs that you need to see a dentist:
1. You have pain: if you have pain in your mouth or jaw, it can be from a toothache. Toothaches usually indicate a cavity but they can also signal gum disease. In some cases, a toothache is a sign of abscess or impacted tooth. A toothache should be evaluated by a dentist right away to determine that cause of the problem and prevent the tooth from dying.
2. You have sensitive teeth: if your teeth hurt when you drink hot or cold beverages, you may have sensitive teeth. This can be the result of tooth decay, fractured teeth, worn fillings, gum disease, worn tooth enamel or an exposed tooth root due to gum recession.
3. Your gums are bleeding or sore: this can be a sign of gingivitis, an early and reversible stage of gum disease, or simply the result of brushing too hard or a new flossing routine.
4. You have mouth sores: types of mouth sores can be a symptom of disease or disorder; infection from bacteria, viruses or fungus or result from irritation caused by braces, dentures or the edge of a broken tooth or filling.
5. You have bad breath: this can be caused by what you eat, not cleaning your mouth, dry mouth, smoking or other medical conditions. Persistent bad breath can also be one of the warning signs of gum disease.
6. Experiencing jaw pain: many things can cause this, which can sometimes be difficult to diagnose. Possible causes include sinus problems, toothache, arthritis, injury, teeth grinding, gingivitis or problems with your jaw like TMJ.
7. You often have dry month: this may be a symptom of medical disorder or a side effect of certain medication. The saliva in our moth primary defense against tooth decay.
8. You have crack or broken teeth: This can happen for a variety of reasons like brittle teeth, grinding your teeth or an injury. It can normally invisible to the naked eye and even X-ray, but they can be incredibly painful and create bigger problems if left untreated.
9. Stained or discolored teeth: your teeth can become stained and change color over tim.. This is can be a result of eating certain foods, drinking coffee or tea, smoking, aging, genetics, injury, or certain medications.
Call Cosmo to find a dentist in your network and/or get dental coverage! Ask about our dental group insurance plans that have very competitive rates. Their coverage is particularly generous when used out of network, compared to individual plans. Learn how group dental plans can be a fantastic low cost benefit for your employees.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A DENTAL INSURANCE QUOTE
CONTACT COSMO NOW