Can I Still Get Health Insurance for 2019? Yes, you can get health insurance but only if you qualify Special Enrollment Period.
Here is how you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period:
Changes in household
You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you or anyone in your household in the past 60 days:
· Got married. Pick a plan by the last day of the month and your coverage can start the first day of the next month.
· Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care. Your coverage can start the day of the event — even if you enroll in the plan up to 60 days afterward.
· Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance. Note: Divorce or legal separation without losing coverage doesn’t qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
· Death. You’ll be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period if someone on your Marketplace plan dies and as a result you’re no longer eligible for your current health plan.
Changes in residence
Household moves that qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period:
· Moving to a new home in a new ZIP code or county
· Moving to the U.S. from a foreign country or United States territory
· A student moving to or from the place they attend school
· A seasonal worker moving to or from the place they both live and work
· Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
Losing job-based coverage
Losing individual health coverage for a plan or policy you bought yourself
Losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
Losing eligibility for Medicare
Losing coverage through a family member
It is important to note that when you apply, you must attest that the information you provide on the application is true, including the facts that qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period. You may be required to provide documents that prove your eligibility to enroll based on the life event you experienced.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE