Don’t turn to Opioids! Safer ways to manage pain
The opioid addiction crisis will be tamed with the opioid legislation signed into law on October 24th, 2018 with an increase on treatment and medication offered to treat opioid addiction, having the opioid drug dispensed in smaller and safer dosages (“blister packs”), as well as additional support and funding provided to opioid recovery centers.
Cosmo Insurance Agency brokers with insurance carriers that are all taking steps to decrease the unfortunate deaths caused by drug abuse. Carriers such as Horizon Blue Cross Blue provides a toll-free hotline to which individuals can reach out to 24/7 for help by speaking to an addiction intake coordination specialist (Hotline 8889891494) and Cigna took efforts to reduce prescription opioid use and also offers many resources for prevention of drug overdose.
Above all else, it’s understood that all measures must be taken to stop the opioid and overdose crisis and awareness and acceptance will help.
If you or someone you know is struggling with pain, try one of the following pain management option before turning to medication:
· Get support from a therapist that specializes in pain management. Speaking to a professional about the emotional or physical pain will act as a barrier so drugs can be avoided or curbed. Joining a support group of others that are coping with the same pain can also be really helpful.
· Schedule massages or acupunctures to relieve stress.
· Learn to relax with deep breathing techniques and take the focus off the pain you are experiencing.
· Exercise increase endorphins in the brain that improve your mood
· Try treating the pain with ibuprofen and acetaminophen which have proven to be as effective as narcotic painkillers when combined; they are not addictive as opioid and codeine.
At Cosmo Insurance Agency we are knowledgeable and up-to-date with all of the coverage options for your mental health and pain management needs. A representative can assist with choosing the right insurance and with finding the provider that is covered by that network.
Call today 732-363-3888 to speak with a rep today!