We recognize a favored autumn decoration and food on October 26th that is used in a variety of recipes, competitions, and festivals. It’s National Pumpkin Day!
By October 26th, we in a frenzy of pumpkin obsession. America's obsession with Pumpkin Spice is not misplaced, the delicious drink embodies the taste of fall. You can get pumpkin spice bars, cookies, coffee, cheesecake, pasta and even oatmeal. October is full of pumpkin patches, festivals, bake-offs and television specials. Let’s not forget jack-o-lantern carving, too! This fruit grabs American’s attention.
As it should be. This squash is native to North America. The oldest evidence of pumpkin-related seeds dates back to somewhere between 7000 and 5500 BC to seeds found in Mexico.
Pumpkins aren’t just for carving or pie making. This seasonal fruit offers health-boosting properties. It is also a delicious ingredient for soup, muffins or even coffee. Eating more pumpkin will benefit you in a number of ways, including the following.
1. It offers health boosting antioxidants: pumpkins are packed with carotenoids, helping to protect your cells against free radical damage. This orange fruit is rich in beta-carotene, as well as alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin. After consuming beta-carotene, for instance, your body converts it into vitamin A, all while boosting overall immune function.
2. It protects your eyes: as mentions pumpkins are a source of vitamin A. This important vitamin helps to promote optimal vision health, reducing your risk of degenerative eye conditions, while also promoting healthy teeth and bones.
3. It boosts your fiber intake: Fiber is critical for optimal health, supporting normal bowel movements, blood sugar and even cholesterol levels.
4. It protects your heart: Aside from beneficial antioxidants and fiber, which both contribute to positive heart health, pumpkin seeds are packed with essential fats, phytosterols, magnesium and zinc. Researchers concluded that pumpkin seed oil treatment not only normalized blood pressure levels but also protected the heart and aorta.
5. It improves sperm quality: Whether you’re a male or a wife hoping to start your adorable little family, pumpkin seeds may help improve sperm quality. Infertility has been linked to low zinc levels, but luckily pumpkin seeds are rich in this mineral. They may also support healthy testosterone levels and in turn, this combined effect benefits fertility.
6. It’s great for expecting mommies: pumpkin and its seeds can both be highly beneficial when expecting, protecting both the mother and fetus. Rich in protein, zinc, vitamin A, folate and other key vitamins, pumpkin meat and seeds can support both you and your growing baby’s needs.
7. It reduces inflammation: researchers found pumpkin seed oil to be equally effective when compared to the pharmaceutical drug indomethacin, without the associated side effects. Whether you have a toothache or an inflamed throat, adding pumpkin to your regular diet can help reduce painful symptoms.
8. It boosts your magnesium consumption
9. It protects your prostate: Based on their high concentration of phytosterols, it’s believed that these compounds can shrink the prostate. Pumpkin seeds also offer chemicals which prevent the transformation of testosterone into DHT, a hormone that is often associated with an enlarged prostate
10. It offers a source of healthy fats: Your body and brain need fat in order to function. And when consuming pumpkin seeds, you benefit from the good kind of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids.
11. It’s a versatile ingredient: Perhaps most importantly, pumpkin can be used in so many ways, resulting in a delicious meal or snack.
Staying healthy is important. Be sure to schedule an appointment with your medical physician and contact Cosmo Insurance for the health insurance you need.
Here is a friendly reminder that Open Enrollment starts November 1st. Contact Cosmo to get started exploring plans that will be right for you.
Open enrollment is a period of time each year when you can sign up for health insurance. If you don't sign up for health insurance during open enrollment, you can't sign up for health insurance until the next open enrollment period, unless you experience a qualifying event.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
source: https://www.thealternativedaily.com/pumpkin-health-benefits/ & https://nationaldaycalendar.com/october/