Five Ways Stress Can Be A Danger to Your Body
1. Stress makes it difficult to control your emotions- A 2013 study by neuroscientists found that even mild levels of stress can mess with our ability to control emotions. The study had participants dunk their hands in icy water and then showed them pictures of spiders and snakes, the results were that the participants could not easily calm themselves down.
2. Stress can mess with your body- Many of us know that stress can have deteriorating effects on the body. Studies have shown that people under a lot of stress have a tendency to gain weight. Another study found that pregnant women who are stressed can possibly cause changes in their children, both behavioral and developmental issues.
3. Stress can cause heart issues- According to the American Institute of Stress, the incidence rate of heart attacks and sudden death increases after major stress inducing incidents, like hurricanes, earthquakes, and tsunamis.
4. Stress can age you- Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, discovered that stress shortens telomeres — structures on the end of chromosomes — so that new cells can’t grow as quickly.
5. Stress weakens your immune system- Have you ever noticed that you get sick when you are stressed? High stress demands a lot from your body causing your immune system to become affected as well.
When shopping for health insurance, shop smart.
Don’t be deceived by insurance agencies allowing them to sell you plans from their preferred carriers so that they can clinch the sale and leave you with obstacles to solve.
When you reach out to Cosmo, our health insurance brokers in New Jersey spend all the time necessary to determine what your needs and priorities are. We are independent and offer plans from a large spectrum of reputable carriers. We explain your options in great detail and clarity– down to the fine print - so that you can choose a plan that will satisfy you for the long term.
get a quote online