Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease. Here's a list of all the health benefits bittersweet chocolate provides when eating in moderation.
1. Very Nutritious: Quality dark chocolate is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and a few other minerals
2. Source of Antioxidants: Cocoa and dark chocolate have a wide variety of antioxidants. In fact, they have way more than most other foods.
3. Improve blood flow and lower blood pressure: the bioactive compounds in cocoa may improve blood flow in the arteries and cause a small but statistically decrease in blood pressure.
4. Raises HDL & Protects LDL from oxidation: Dark chocolate improves several important risk factors for disease. It lowers that susceptibility of LDL to oxidative damage while increasing HDL and improving insulin sensitivity.
5. Reduce heart disease risk: Observational studies show a drastic reduction in heart disease risk among those who consume the most chocolate.
6. Protect your skin from the sun: studies show that flavanols from cocoa can improve blood flow to the skin and protect it from sun damage.
7. Can improve brain function: cocoa or dark chocolate may improve brain function by increasing blood flow. It also contains stimulants like caffeine and theobromine.
Chocolate is one of the few foods that taste awesome while providing significant health benefits.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
CONTACT COSMO NOW
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE