Do you like drinking lemon water? Many restaurants serve it routinely, and some people start their day with lemon water. There’s no doubt lemons are delicious, but does adding them to water make you healthier? Here are 7 ways drinking lemon water benefits your health.
1. It promotes hydration: water is the best beverage for hydration, but some people don’t like the taste of it on its own. Adding lemon enhance water flavor, which may help you drink more.
2. It’s a good source of vitamin C: Citrus fruits like lemons are high in vitamin C, which is a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals.
3. It improves your skin quality: Vitamin C found in lemon may help reduce skin wrinkling. A study concluded that people who consumed more vitamin C have less risk of wrinkled and dry skin.
4. It support weight loss: A study published in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition showed that polyphenol antioxidants found in lemons significantly reduced weight gain caused by a high-fat diet in mice.
5. It aids digestion: Some people drink lemon water as a daily morning laxative to help prevent constipation. Drinking warm or hot lemon water when you wake up may help get your digestive system moving.
6. It freshens breath: Have you ever rubbed a lemon on your hands to remove a powerful stench? It’s thought to neutralize odors. The same folk remedy may apply to bad breath caused by eating foods with strong smells like garlic, onions, or fish.
7. It helps prevent kidney stones: increasing citric acid intake to decrease your risk of getting new calcium stones. Drinking lemon water not only helps you get more citric acid, but also the water you need to prevent stones.
Drinking lemon water provides many health benefits and taking care of your health should be your number one priority.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE