Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
· 1.5 cups natural peanut butter (unsalted)
· 5 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
· 5 tablespoons maple syrup (at room temperature)
· 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Dark Chocolate Swirl Topping
· 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup (warmed)
· 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
1. Make sure all of the ingredients are at room temperature for best results. (The batter might be difficult to stir if the nut butter or maple syrup has been in the fridge.) Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. To prepare the peanut butter fudge, stir together the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. The batter should be thick. Use a spatula to transfer the batter to the lined dish, and smooth the top. Set it aside while you prepare the topping.
3. To prepare the dark chocolate swirl topping, whisk together the cacao powder, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil in a small bowl. All ingredients should be warm so that the chocolate is pourable. (If the ingredients are chilled, it will clump and become solid too quickly.)
4. You can simply pour the chocolate topping over the top, but for a swirled effect, use a spoon to pour the chocolate into vertical lines over the top of the peanut butter fudge. Drag a clean knife through the lines horizontally, alternating which directly you drag the knife. (So, drag it from left to right, then drag it from right to left the next time.) This should create a swirled, marbled effect. Place the fudge in the freezer for at least one hour to set, or place it in the fridge to chill overnight.
5. Slice the fudge into 1-inch squares and serve chilled. The leftover fudge should keep well for up to one month when stored in an airtight container in the fridge, or you can freeze it for up to 6 months. (But keep in mind it will have the best flavor and texture when served from the fridge.)
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE