After Halloween parties and trick-or-treating, you are bound to come face to month you’re your favorite sugar fix.
If one piece of candy turned into a whole bowl, you can’t magically erase those calories. But you can learn to keep cravings in check — and recover from a sugar binge after a slip — with a few of Imperiale’s do’s and don’ts.
· Drink up: Sometimes hunger is actually thirst in disguise. Staying hydrated (with water) can help curb cravings. Plus, drinking water is good for your overall health.
· Plan ahead: If you prep meals and snacks in advance, you won’t be as tempted to dig into the candy bowl. You can even plan your treats. Choose two or three favorites and leave the rest of the candy in the bowl. You might even decide to buy candy you don’t enjoy so you’re less tempted to overindulge.
· Hit reset: After a sugar binge, you might try to restrict your added sugar intake for a few days to help your taste buds acclimate to less-sweet foods. Load up on protein and fiber-rich foods that keep you feeling full without the sugar high.
· Beat yourself up: The holidays are tough, even without dietary landmines. View a sugar binge as a temporary setback.
· Starve yourself: After a sugar binge, you may be tempted to stop eating all together. Unfortunately, that’s a recipe for dietary disaster. A better approach: Eat a full day of balanced meals, whether it’s a holiday or not. And when hunger strikes, don’t reach for the candy bowl. Instead, opt for a healthful mix of fiber-rich carbohydrates, protein and fat to help you feel full.
· Nosh on the run: Try not to eat while you’re trick or treating. Be mindful of when you’re eating. Staying focused on your indulgence will help you enjoy it more.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE