Anxiety can happen to anyone; it is your body’s natural response to stress. It’s the feeling of fear or uneasiness about the unknown. Anxiety can be intense and sometimes debilitating. It can happen to anyone at any age.
Anxiety feels different for everyone. The feelings can range from butterflies in the stomach to a racing heart. You might feel out of control, like there’s disconnect from your mind and body.
People also experience anxiety through nightmares, panic attacks, and painful thoughts or memories that they can’t control.
Symptoms of general anxiety:
- increased heart rate
- rapid breathing
- trouble concentrating
- difficulty falling asleep
Common symptoms of an anxiety attack:
- feeling faint or dizzy
- shortness of breath
- dry mouth
- chills or hot flashes
- apprehension and worry
- numbness or tingling
When anxiety becomes a daily struggle, it’s time to act before it snowballs. Unchecked anxiety may greatly impact your quality of life. Take control by trying to reduce your anxiety naturally.
- Stay active. Exercise regular, it’s good for your physical and emotional health.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol is a natural sedative but once he buzz is over your anxiety will return with vengeances.
- Stop smoking.
- Ditch the caffeine. Caffeine usually causes nervousness and jitters and neither are good if you’re already anxious. It can cause or worsen anxiety disorders.
- Try to get more sleep. Anxiety can cause insomnia but make sleep a priority.
- Try mediation. 30 minutes of daily meditation may alleviate some anxiety symptoms and act as an antidepressant.
- Try practicing deep breathing.
- Aromatherapy uses fragrant essential oils to help your health and well-being. It can help you relax, sleep better, boost your mood and reduce your heart rate.
- Try enjoying a glass of chamomile tea. A cup of chamomile tea is a common home remedy to calm frayed nerves and promote sleep.
Staying healthy is important. Be sure to schedule an appointment with your medical physician and contact Cosmo Insurance for the health insurance you need.
Important: Open Enrollment has started and ends December 15th. Contact Cosmo to explore plans that are right for you.
Open enrollment is a period of time each year, when you can sign up for health insurance. If you don't sign up for health insurance during open enrollment, you can't sign up for health insurance until the next open enrollment period, unless you experience a qualifying event.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
sources: https://www.healthline.com/health/anxiety#anxiety-and-stress & https://www.healthline.com/health/natural-ways-to-reduce-anxiety#1