Ways to Prepare for A Snow Storm
An essential part of staying safe during a snow storm is preparing for it. If you hear that a snow storm is coming your way, take the right precautions to ensure that you are ready for all of the potential problems that may arise. Follow these guidelines when preparing for a snow storm:
1. Stock up! Purchase nonperishable food, medical supplies, and a ton of drinking water. The Federal Emergency Management Agency recommends buying protein bars, crackers, peanut butter, canned soup and vegetables, dried fruit, meat, etc.
2. If you have kids, find things to keep them entertained for long periods of time. Snow storms are unpredictable. You can potentially be stuck in your household for up to 3-4 days. Find games and activities that will keep your kids entertained for hours. Stock up on monopoly, video games, DIY projects, books, whatever you think will keep your kids entertained.
3. Contact any care givers. If you have a nanny or sitter that comes regularly, make sure you reach out to them to make plans for the weather.
4. Keep in touch with your elderly relatives, neighbors, or friends. Always check on a grandmother or older neighbor to ensure that they are also prepared for the snow. Make sure their prescriptions are filled for the week.
5. Prep your car and home! Make sure you have shovels, salt, a snow blower if accessible, flashlights, batteries, blankets, backup heat source, first aid kit, pet food, etc. Being prepared will take the stress off of being cooped inside.
6. Talk to your boss. If you are allowed to work from home, take advantage of that during a snow storm. If working from home is not allowed, contact your boss if the weather is bad to alert them that you will not be in.
Cosmo urges everyone to stay safe and warm during a brutal snow storm.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
While you're here, you may enjoying reading..
The Many Ways That Happiness Can Benefit Your Health
Certified Nurse Day: Acknowledging the Importance of Nurses in The Health Care Industry