In the County Health Rankings Report, New Jersey seems to be doing well overall.
County Health Rankings has released their yearly Health rankings report. The report analyzes health behaviors (tobacco use, diet & exercise, alcohol & drug use, sexual activity), clinical care
(access to care,quality of care), social and economic factors (education, employment, income,
family & social support, community safety), and the physical environment (air & water quality, housing & transit).
In New Jersey, most counties were overall healthy. Astonishingly enough, most counties in NJ had water violations.
Below is the data for the overall health ranking for New Jersey.
High School Graduation:
• New Jersey’s high school graduation rate is
90% compared to the U.S. rate of 83%.
• High school graduation rates among New
Jersey counties range from 82% to 96%.
• High school graduation rates among
racial/ethnic groups in New Jersey range from
82% to 96%.
• The uninsured rate in New Jersey is 10%
compared to the U.S. rate of 11%.
• Uninsured rates among New Jersey counties
range from 5% to 15%.
• Uninsured rates among racial/ethnic groups in
New Jersey range from 6% to 21%.
• The teen birth rate in New Jersey is 15 births
per 1,000 female population, ages 15‐19,
compared to the U.S. rate of 27 per 1,000.
• Teen birth rates among New Jersey counties
range from 3 to 44 per 1,000.
• Teen births for racial/ethnic groups in New
Jersey range from 2 to 34 per 1,000.
Children in poverty:
• In New Jersey, 15% of children are living in
poverty compared to the U.S. rate of 20%.
• Children in poverty rates among New Jersey
counties range from 4% to 27%.
• Children in poverty rates among racial/ethnic
groups in New Jersey range from 6% to 54%.
The rankings for healthiest states are as follows:
1. Morris (MR) 11. Warren (WA)
2. Hunterdon (HT) 12. Hudson (HU)
3. Somerset (SO) 13. Passaic (PA)
4. Bergen (BE) 14. Mercer (ME)
5. Sussex (SU) 15. Gloucester (GL)
6. Middlesex (MI) 16. Cape May (CM)
7. Monmouth (MO) 17. Atlantic (AT)
8. Union (UN) 18. Essex (ES)
9. Burlington (BU) 19. Camden (CA)
10. Ocean (OC) 20. Salem (SA)
11. Warren (WA) 21. Cumberland (CU)
12. Hudson (HU)
13. Passaic (PA)
Cosmo Insurance encourages our clients to live the healthiest lifestyle as possible. Unfortunately, not all
counties in NJ have access to healthy resources. New Jersey should come together as a state to strive to create
healthier resources for its residents.
Cosmo’s dedicated service doesn’t end with the selection and signing of your policy. Whether its healthcare,
life insurance, long term care, vision, dental, or disability, Cosmo Insurance Agency will be there every step of the way.
Our staff maintains close contact and is always only a quick phone call away for questions or concerns relating to billing,
provider issues, claims or reimbursements and your insurance renewal. Give us a call today!
Visit one of our locations:
15 America Ave., Suite 203, Lakewood, NJ 08701
2 University Plaza Dr., Suite 100, Hackensack, NJ 07601
GET A QUOTE ONLINE