IBM Watson is a “technology platform that uses natural language processing and machine learning to reveal insights from large amounts of unstructured data.” If you haven’t seen IBM Watson’s appearance on jeopardy, you should check it out. About six years ago the supercomputer program defeated past champions Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter. It was able to understand and answer questions on Jeopardy! by using its intelligence. It has helped the medical field immensely since then and has potential to more than just help medical professionals. Here are ways the Watson is being used to better the healthcare community:
1. IBM (International Business Machine Corporation) feeds images to Watson hoping that it sees important information physicians may miss. Watson is used to study and diagnose melanoma, since it a very difficult skin cancer to see since it appears different in each individual.
2. Watson is being used to identify, diagnose, and treat rare pediatric diseases in children.
3. Watson is being used to diagnose and treat cancer in patients, in India, where doctors can be scarce in some areas.
4. Watson can produce a visualization of a patient’s case and choose potentially useful drugs based on the patient’s DNA profile.
5. Watson can also be used to give nutritional advice to pregnant women.
Having quality healthcare you can rely on is important. IBM Watson is trustworthy like Cosmo Insurance Agency. We believe in providing options and quality healthcare to every individual. Call Cosmo Insurance Agency today to sign up for healthcare with a company you can trust.