It is almost impossible to eat just one of these chocolate covered cherry candies that have combined two favorite flavors into one delicious treat. The candy often is made with a sweet liquid center and in some cases has a liquor filling center.
Known to many as a mid-winter pick-me-up, chocolate covered cherries, also called chocolate cordials, can be either store-bought or homemade. Here is a recipe for homemade chocolate covered cherries.
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 pound chocolate confectioners’ coating
1. Drain cherries and set on paper towels to dry
2. In a medium bowl, combine butter and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and knead to form a dough. Chill to stiffen if necessary. Wrap each in about 1 teaspoon of dough. Chill until form.
3. Melt confectioners’ coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Dip each cherry in by its stem, and place on waxed paper lined sheets. Chill until completely set. Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Best after 1 or 2 weeks.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
source: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-chocolate-covered-cherry-day-january-3/ & https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24698/chocolate-covered-cherries/