National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day is observed annually on November 15. Get together a soap and hot water filled bucket, disinfectant, a sponge and a garbage bag, and you are ready for the day!
The timing is perfect for this day since Thanksgiving is only a week away. Since you will need room for all of the upcoming leftovers. This job may be dreaded by many, but it is an important task none the less. Due to our hectic and busy lifestyles, the cleaning of the refrigerator gets neglected, hence the creation of National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. There may be a surprise or two found at the back of the shelves. Things are often pushed back as new food is put in the front and gets forgotten. Here are the 5 reasons why you should clean out your refrigerator.
- Moldy Food- If your food is getting moldy, that’s a red flag that you haven’t been paying attention to your food (and also haven’t been eating it). The mold in your fridge can spread to other items sitting beside or underneath it, so it’s crucial to keep a clean fridge for you and your family.
- The Fridge is the Most Important Appliance- When you take care of your fridge, you’re taking care of your food and your entire household. Food gone bad can make you ill, but a well-maintained fridge can keep your food from spoiling, contaminating other food, and ultimately, saving you a trip to the doctor’s office.
- Smells 100x Better- Although sliced lemons and baking soda are effective, they are only a temporary solution to actually cleaning out the nasty, pungent, mold that’s sitting in the back of your fridge.
- Lengthens the Fridges Lifespan- Taking proper care of the major appliances in your home is something we all tend to ignore until we can’t anymore. Think of it as taking care of your car, you give it regular oil changes and drive responsibly to avoid unnecessary damage to keep your car healthy long term. If your fridge is taken care of properly, it can last you a long time.
- Can Prevent Mold From Growing in The Fridge- If mold on your food isn’t horrifying enough, mold can also make its way on your fridge shelves as well and cause awful smells that can be hard to find. Contamination of foods can travel fast from your fridge and onto your hands, so making sure that you clean your fridge every few months (or when necessary) can help prevent bacteria from growing and causing illnesses.
Some suggestions for your refrigeration cleaning are:
- Empty each shelf.
- Completely wipe down the inside of the refrigerator.
- Wash drawers and underneath the drawers.
- Throw away all expired food.
- Throw away any moldy food.
- Get rid of anything that you do not use.
- Vacuum condenser coils.
- Vacuum out under the refrigerator.
- Restock shelves and drawers with good food.
- Enjoy your nice, clean, organized refrigerator.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
source: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-clean-out-your-refrigerator-day-november-15/ & http://appliancerepair-orangecounty.com/7-reasons-why-you-need-to-clean-out-your-fridge/