· ¼ cup vegan margarine
· ½ cup soy milk
· 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus 1 litre (4 cups) extra for frying
· 2 cups plain flour
· ½ cup caster sugar
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ½ teaspoon salt
1. Gently melt the butter over a low-medium heat. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and mix together. Once combined, take off the heat and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, half of the sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork. Make a well in the centre.
3. Pour the butter mixture into the well. Combine gradually until a thick dough forms.
4. Using your hands, roll dough into little flat balls and with your thumb, press a hole in the centre of each doughnut. (You may need to flour your hands for this part to avoid getting sticky!)
5. Heat up the litre of oil in a pan. To know when it's hot enough, fry a little bit of bread in the oil. If it goes brown and floats to the top, in 45-50 seconds the oil will be ready!
6. Gently lay the doughnuts into the oil using a spatula. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
7. Transfer the doughnuts onto some tissue paper to soak up any excess oil. Then roll into a bowl of the remaining sugar.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE