· Vegetable oil
· 2 large eggs, beaten
· 1 cup chopped scallions, light and green parts separated (you'll need 5-6 scallions)
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
· One 2-lb head cauliflower (or 2 pounds ready to cook' cauliflower)
· 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
· 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
· 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
· 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
· 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts (optional)
1. Grate the cauliflower in a food processor fitted with the grating disc. Alternatively, grate on the large holes of box or hand-held grater. Set aside. (Skip this step if using 'ready to cook' cauliflower rice.)
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large (10 or 12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and a pinch of salt and scramble until the eggs are cooked. Transfer to a small plate and set aside. Wipe the pan clean.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan and set over medium heat. Add the light scallions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the grated cauliflower, 4 tablespoons of the soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes. Add the peas and carrots and continue cooking until the cauliflower "rice" is tender-crisp and the vegetables are warmed through, a few minutes. Stir in the rice vinegar, sesame oil, dark green scallions, nuts (if using) and eggs. Taste and adjust seasoning (adding the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce if necessary). Serve hot.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE