for 5 sandwiches
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ cup refined coconut oil, melted
· ¼ cup oat milk
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· 8 oz vegan chocolate chips
· 2 pt vegan vanilla ice cream
· vegan dark chocolate, in small chunks, for garnish, optional
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
2. Whisk in the oat milk and vanilla, until the sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
3. Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix, until just combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches (5 cm) of space between each cookie and the edges of the pan so the cookies can spread evenly.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown.
9. Let the cookies cool completely.
10. Use a serrated knife to slice the pint of ice cream pint into 1½-inch (4-cm) thick discs. Peel off the paper container from each ice cream slice.
11. Take 2 cooled cookies and sandwich an ice cream slice in between, pressing firmly.
12. Roll the edges of the ice cream sandwich in the chocolate chunks, if desired. Repeat with the remaining cookies and ice cream.
13. Eat right away, or place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes.
14. The sandwiches will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE