Although milk may be a good choice for some, others can’t digest it or choose not to consume it.
Many people can’t tolerate milk because they’re unable to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and dairy products.
Interestingly, lactose intolerance affects around 65% of the world’s population.
Others choose not to consume milk or dairy products due to dietary restrictions, health concerns or ethical reasons.
This has led to a wide variety of nondairy milk alternatives, including:
· Almond milk: Made from almonds, this plant-based alternative is lower in calories and fat than cow’s milk.
· Coconut milk: This tropical drink made from coconut flesh and water has a creamy texture and mild flavor.
· Cashew milk: Cashews and water combine to make this subtly sweet and rich substitute.
· Soy milk: Contains a similar amount of protein as cow’s milk and has a mild flavor.
· Hemp milk: This alternative is made from hemp seeds and provides a good amount of high quality, plant-based protein.
· Oat milk: This substitute is very mild in flavor with a thicker consistency, making it a great addition to coffee.
· Rice milk: A great option for those with sensitivities or allergies, as it’s the least allergenic of all nondairy milks.
When choosing a nondairy milk substitute, keep in mind that many of these products contain added ingredients like sweeteners, artificial flavors, preservatives and thickeners.
Choosing a product with limited ingredients is a good choice when comparing brands. Read the labels to determine which best suits your needs.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE