Nuts are a very popular and nutritious snack. They aren’t just tasty, they are convenient and can be enjoyed on all kinds of diets. Despite being high in fat, they also have a number of impressive benefit for our health and weight.
Here’s a list of the most common nuts:
Can you believe that a snack that taste so good can have so many health benefits of eating nuts.
How exactly do nuts benefit your health? Here are the top 8 health benefits.
1. They are a great source of many nutrients. Nuts are high in fiber, low in carbs and great source of several nutrients, including vitamin e, magnesium and selenium.
2. Nuts are loaded with antioxidant. Nuts contain antioxidants known as polyphenols, which may protect cells and LDL cholesterol from damage.
3. They can help you lose weight. Nuts have been shown to help promote weight loss rather than contribute to weight gain. Several studies have found that the boy doesn’t absorb all of the calories in nuts.
4. Nuts can lower cholesterol and triglycerides. Nuts may help lower total and LDL cholesterol and triglycerides while boosting levels of HD cholesterol.
5. They are beneficial for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Several studies have shown that blood sugar, blood pressure and other health makers improve when nuts are included in diets of people with type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
6. Nuts can help reduce inflammation. Research suggests that nuts may be helpful for reducing inflammation, especially in people with diabetes, kidney disease and other serious health conditions.
7. Many nuts are high in fiber, which can reduce disease risk, help keep you full, decrease calorie absorption and improve gut health.
8. Nuts my significantly lower your risk of heart attack and stroke. That’s because nuts increase LDL particle size, raise HDL cholesterol, improve artery function and have various other benefits for heart health.
At the end of the day, nuts are highly nutritious and super tasty food that can fit into almost everyone’s diet.
Here is a friendly reminder that Open Enrollment starts November 1st. Contact Cosmo to get started on exploring which plan is right for you.
Open enrollment is a period of time each year when you can sign up for health insurance. If you don't sign up for health insurance during open enrollment, you can't sign up for health insurance until the next open enrollment period, unless you experience a qualifying event.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE