Pasta has gotten a bad reputation for weight gain but eating anything too much can lead to weight gain. Try using pasta as a base for a healthful dish rich in veggies, lean proteins and healthy fats. Check out this delicious pasta recipe:
Shrimp and Zucchini Scampi
YIELDS 6, 485 CALS, 27 G PROTEIN, 61 G CARBS, 15 G FAT (6 G SAT), 3 G FIBER, 860 MG SODIUM.
1 1/2 lb. shelled, deveined shrimp
2 tbsp. oil
2 medium zucchini, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tbsp. butter
3/4 c. white wine
1/8 tsp. salt
1 lb. linguine, cooked
1/4 c. pasta cooking water
2 tsp. lemon peel, grated
Chopped parsley, for serving
1. Cook shrimp in oil 3 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Transfer shrimp to plate.
2. To skillet, add zucchini, garlic, and butter. Cook 3 minutes. Add white wine and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring and scraping. Toss vegetables with shrimp linguine, pasta cooking water, lemon
peel, and parsley.
Here are 3 fun facts about pasta:
1. Pasta was first eaten in China, not Italy
2. According to the International Pasta Organization, there are more than 600 different shapes of pasta produced throughout the world.
3. Eating pasta will make you happier! It’s true — the carbohydrates in pasta increase the body’s production of serotonin, the neurotransmitter that scientists believe trigger feelings of happiness and well-being.
Here is a friendly reminder that Open Enrollment starts November 1st. Contact Cosmo to get started on exploring which plan you want to go with.
Open enrollment is a period of time each year when you can sign up for health insurance. If you don't sign up for health insurance during open enrollment, you can't sign up for health insurance until the next open enrollment period, unless you experience a qualifying event.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE