Sleep is crucial for a healthy mind and body. A good night sleep provides endless benefits including improving memory, keeping your heart healthy, and reducing stress. People who sleep less than 7 hours a night are more likely to develop diseases than those who get eight hours or more of sleep.
But sleep isn’t just essential for the brain. “Sleep affects almost every tissue in our bodies,” says Dr. Michael Twery, a sleep expert at NIH. “It affects growth and stress hormones, our immune system, appetite, breathing, blood pressure and cardiovascular health.”
Here are even more reasons why sleep is an essential part of a healthy life:
1. Sleep can lower blood pressure: Sleep promotes relaxation, keeping your blood pressure under control.
2. Sleep helps your body fight sickness: When you sleep, your body produces protein molecules that fight off infection.
3. Sleep can help maintain your weight: Sleep keeps your hormone levels under control, helping control your appetite and fight your cravings.
4. Sleep puts you in a good mood: The better you sleep the more calm, controlled, and reasonable you are.
5. Sleep can make you smarter: Getting a good night sleep can contribute towards making your brain more effective and productive.
Make sure you get 8-9 hours of sleep so your body is healthy and well rested.
Cosmo Insurance Agency's Health Brokers in New Jersey specialize in... . Health Insurance - Life Insurance - Long Term Care - Disability Insurance - Dental Insurance.
Contact Cosmo for a quote today.
GET A QUOTE ONLINE
15 America Ave., Suite 203, Lakewood, NJ 08701
2 University Plaza Dr., Suite 100, Hackensack, NJ 07601