Employees who feel valued and appreciated by their leaders are more likely to go above and beyond for the company and hold themselves accountable for their part of a project. Most importantly, they will be happier in their roles. If leaders disregard the importance of connecting with employees, they lose the benefit of a dedicated, long-term team.
Below are seven ways employers can show their appreciation for their employees:
1. Organize a staff recognition day: focus on team building activities, individual recognition,
and other things that will show your appreciation.
2. Give birthdays off: A can be like an extra holiday for employees.
3. Treat them to lunch: Throw a pizza party, work with a local caterer to provide something more formal,
or give everyone the afternoon off and go to your favorite place down the street.
4. Create a fun tradition for a seasonal holiday: Do a Secret Santa or grab bag for holiday parties.
5. Treat your employees: Buy them morning coffee, bagels, donuts, cookies, anything delicious and homemade.
6. Provide opportunities: People like having opportunities to train and cross train. Give them opportunities to grow
7. Host a friendly contest: Contests are a great way to rally employees together and show appreciation
and have some fun.
Showing your appreciation to your employees is one of the most important parts of owning a business.
Providing benefits for you employees is an important part of a happy staff as well. If you are looking
to sing up for insurance for your business, call Cosmo Insurance Agency. Businesses can switch their plans
at any time of the year. Contact us to learn about your options. 732-363-3888.