How to keep your heart healthy
There are many ways to protect your self from heart disease Here are easy ways to keep your heart healthy:
1. De-stress: Do things that keep your mind busy. Spend at least fifteen minutes a day practicing something you enjoy doing.
2. Do some cardio: Get your heart pumping. Aerobic activities like running, swimming, and sports are great exercises for your heart. The heart is a muscle and it needs to be exercised.
3. Check your cholesterol: Rule of thumb for adults is to have your cholesterol checked every five years. Healthy cholesterol levels help to prevent heart attacks and stroke. Discuss with your doctor if your cholesterol levels are normal.
4. Eat mindfully: Be aware of how much you are eating and drinking. Some of us tend to eat more than our bodies need. Eating till you are satisfied is significant in preventing weight gain.
5. Cut back on sugar: Sweeteners hiding in packaged good can be a culprit for weight gain. Sugars can be a big part of why someone has high blood pressure. Try swapping out soda and alcohol for some all natural fruit juice.
6. Get enough sleep: People who get more sleep have lower blood pressure, steadier heart rates, and a healthier weight.
7. Eat fiber: Foods high in fiber are usually more filling. This can aid in controlling your weight because you will be full longer. Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of fiber.
8. Quit smoking: If you did not know by now, there are no health benefits to smoking. If you smoke cigarettes you are twice as likely to have a heart attack.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance, and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.