Six Ways to Improve Your Quality of Sleep
For some people, sleep comes easy. For others, it can be stressful and complicated. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 35 percent of Americans are not sleeping enough.
Sleep in concept, is simple, but in reality it is not simple at all. There are ways to improve your sleep at night. Follow these six ways to improve your quality of sleep:
1. Wake up at the same time every day. This one is crucial. Your body becomes accustomed to a routine. If you have a scattered sleeping schedule, it can confuse your body and cause you to either over sleep or under sleep. Setting an alarm, for the same time, every day will create a healthy sleeping schedule and urge your body to stay in routine.
2. Eat a healthy diet. It is common for overweight individuals to develop sleep apnea, which disrupts your sleep during the night. Losing a couple of pounds to get to a healthy weight can significantly help the quality of your sleep. Eating a nutritious diet goes hand in hand with sleep. When your body is getting the necessary nutrients it needs, it will increase your quality of sleep.
3. Exercise. Afterward, your body interprets the drop in temperature as a signal to sleep. Experts say that even a brisk 10-minute walk can help the quality and duration of nighttime sleep. To magnify the calming effects of physical activity, exercise outdoors.
4. Stick to one glass of wine. Drinking more than one glass of wine, or alcoholic beverage, can keep you from getting a good night’s sleep. Alcohol can awaken you multiple times at night, which keeps you from getting to those deeper stages of sleep.
5. Turn off your phone at night. Most of us know that phone and computer screens omit a “blue light” that signals your eyes to stay awake. Turn off your electronics at least an hour before going to sleep. Your body will naturally fall asleep quicker.
6. Sleep in a cool setting. Research from the National Sleep Foundation showed that the ideal temperature to sleep in is anywhere from 60 to 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Cool room temperatures help your body wind down in preparation for sleep.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
get a quote online!!