Current estimates are that 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States. Approximately 9,500 people in the U.S are diagnosed with skin cancer daily. Even one blistering sunburn during childhood or adolescence can nearly double a person’s chance of developing melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, later in life. Sadly, nearly 20 Americans die from melanoma every day.
- UV exposure is the most preventable risk factor for all skin cancers.
- Water, snow and sand can reflect and intensify the sun’s damaging rays.
- Even on cloudy days, up to 80% of the sun’s UV rays can each your skin.
PROTECT YOUR SKIN
- Everyone is at risk of skin cancer regardless of age, gender or race. Your skin need protection from the sun in order to reduce your risk of skin cancer. Follow these simple steps:
- Seek shade, especially from 10am to 2pm when the sun’s rays are the strongest
- Dress to protect yourself from the sun by wearing a long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Apply a brand-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Remember to reapply every two hours or after swimming or sweating.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE