10 facts about Easter you may not have known
To those who are celebrating, Happy Easter!
On Easter, Christians celebrate the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is typically the most well-attended Sunday service of the year for Christian churches along with Christmas.
According to Christians belief, three days after his death on the cross, Jesus came back to life. As part of the weekend of Easter, Good Friday is celebrated to commemorate the crucifixion or death of Jesus. As part of the Easter season, the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion is commemorated on Good Friday, always the Friday just before Easter.
As part of the Easter tradition, children are given Easter basket filled with chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, and other goodies. Easter Sunday usually involves a church service, Easter egg hunt, and family time.
Below are facts about Easter that you may not have known:
1. The tallest Easter egg chocolate was made in Italy in 2011. It stood at 10.39 meters and weighed an astounding 7,200 kg.
2. In the US, only 12 of the 50 states recognize Good Friday as a holiday.
3. The art of painting eggs is called pysanka, which originated in Ukraine. It involves using wax and dyes to color the egg.
4. The term Easter gets its name from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess who symbolizes the hare and the egg.
5. The exchange or giving of Easter eggs actually dates back to before Easter and the giving of eggs is actually considered a symbol of rebirth in many cultures.
6. There used to be a tradition churches observed that resembled the game of "hot potato." Here, the priest would toss a hard boiled egg to one of the choir boys.
The boys would toss the egg amongst themselves and when the clock struck 12, whomever had the egg was the winner and got to keep the egg.
7. Peep peep… did you know Americans buy more than 700 million marshmallow Peeps during Easter? This makes Peeps the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy.
8. Americans consume more than 16 million jelly beans during this holiday. That is enough jelly beans to circle the globe not once, not twice, but three times.
9. Are you an ears, arms or tail person? Seventy-six percent of people eat the ears on the chocolate bunny first, 5 percent go for the feet and 4 percent for the tail.
10. During the holiday, more than 90 million chocolate bunnies, 91.4 billion eggs and 700 million Peeps are produced each year in the United States alone.
Insurance coverage can be overwhelming – confusing options, endless paperwork and tedious legalities.
Cosmo Insurance Agency makes it easy. Our team has mastered every detail of the insurance process and will walk you through the process to the end, so you can be 100% confident when signing on the dotted line.
Cosmo’s dedicated service doesn’t end with the selection and signing of your policy. Whether its healthcare, life insurance, long term care, vision, dental, or disability, Cosmo Insurance Agency will be there every step of the way. Our staff maintains close contact and is always only a quick phone call away for questions or concerns relating to billing, provider issues, claims or reimbursements and your insurance renewal. Give us a call today! 732-363-3888 OR CALL OUR HACKENSACK LOCATION AT 201-817-1388
GET A QUOTE ONLINE