Happiness can benefit the quality of your health
Happiness and good health go hand-in-hand. I’m sure you have experienced this first hand, when you are happier, you most likely feel better internally and mentally.
Some ways being happy benefits your health:
1. Happiness is good for your heart- A study in the Neurobiology of Aging found that happiness can lower heart rate and blood pressure.
2. Happiness strengthens your immune system- In a 2003 experiment, 350 adults volunteered to get exposed to the common cold. Before exposure, researchers called them six times in two weeks and asked how much they had experienced nine positive emotions—such as feeling energetic, pleased, and calm—that day. After five days in quarantine, the participants with the most positive emotions were less likely to have developed a cold.
3. Happiness lowers stress- Stress can cause all types of issues in our bodies. It can mess with our hormone levels and blood pressure. Happiness is proven to combat those effects.
4. Happiness combats disease and disability- A study done in 2008, followed 10,000 Australian participants who reported being happy with their life most of the time were almost 1.5 times less likely to have long-term health conditions.
5. Happiness helps you live longer- There have been multiple studies done on happiness and longevity of life. One of the most famous ones was on nuns longevity of life and happiness. They studied the nuns autobiographical essays that they wrote upon entering the convent, normally in their early twenties. The researchers found that the nuns who expressed amusement, contentment, gratitude, and love the most, lived anywhere from 7-10 years longer than the least happy nuns.
Find things that make you happy and keep them around. Happiness improves the quality of life.
Having a quality health insurance plan contributes to your happiness. When you get sick and need to visit your doctor, you will be happy to know that your doctor’s visit is covered under your plan.
Insurance coverage can be overwhelming – confusing options, endless paperwork and tedious legalities.
Cosmo Insurance Agency makes it easy. Our team has mastered every detail of the insurance process and will walk you through the process to the end, so you can be 100% confident when signing on the dotted line.
Cosmo’s dedicated service doesn’t end with the selection and signing of your policy. Whether its healthcare, life insurance, long term care, vision, dental, or disability, Cosmo Insurance Agency will be there every step of the way. Our staff maintains close contact and is always only a quick phone call away for questions or concerns relating to billing, provider issues, claims or reimbursements and your insurance renewal. Give us a call today!
GET A QUOTE TODAY
While you're here..
How Well Did New Jersey Do in The Annual Health County Rankings?
Pizza and Compliments Can Motivate Your Employees To Work Harder