An easy, step-by-step recipe for how to make whipped cream with and without coconut! Perfect for topping vegan and non-dairy desserts.
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
· 1 14-ounce can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
· 1/4 - 3/4 cup icing/powdered sugar
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight (see notes for top brands!), being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid. See notes for more insight / troubleshooting.
2. The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
3. Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
4. Note: if your coconut milk didn't harden, you probably just got a dud can without the right fat content. In that case, you can try to salvage it with a bit of tapioca flour - 1 to 4 Tbsp (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size)- during the whipping process. That has worked for me several times.
5. Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and powdered sugar (or stevia) and mix until creamy and smooth - about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
6. Use immediately or refrigerate - it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it's chilled. Will keep for up to 1 - 2 weeks!
7. Coconut whipped cream is perfect for topping desserts like pie, hot cocoa and ice cream. It's also ideal for french toast, pie fillings, mousse, and even no-churn ice cream!
VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM (NO COCONUT)
· 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from 1 can of chickpeas)
· 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
· 1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Drain the liquid from a can of chickpeas into a large bowl. Reserve the chickpeas for another use. You should have about 1/2 cup of liquid, but it doesn't have to be exact; a little more or a little less is fine.
2. Add the cream of tartar; this helps with the whipping process. With a hand mixer, start mixing on medium speed. Once it gets a little foamy, increase the speed to high and beat for about 3-4 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
3. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat about 1 more minute, until fluffy and smooth. That's it!
4. Serve immediately for best results. Store leftover whipped cream in the freezer, it won't hold up as well in the refrigerator. It reminds me a lot of cool whip straight from the freezer!
1. If you make chickpeas from scratch, you can save the liquid that they cooked in to make all things aquafaba, including this vegan whipped cream.
2. If you don't have cream of tartar or don't want to use it, it is okay to leave it out. It will, however, take you longer to achieve stiff peaks, more like 10 minutes. It will not be as stable either.
3. Buy organic powdered sugar to ensure vegan friendliness. I used 3/4 cup but you can use less or more to your own tastebuds.
4. Even though you start with only 1/2 cup of liquid, you will get about 3 cups of whipped topping!
5. Recipe inspired by and adapted from Dr. Oz.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
CONTACT COSMO NOW
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
Source: https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-coconut-whipped-cream/ & https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-whipped-cream/