There’s one thing they don’t teach you in college, that adulting is hard. Once you’re out of school, there is a LONG checklist of things you have to do to survive in the adult world. Get a job, find an apartment, start paying student loan debt off, and remember to pay bills, bills bills. But the one that probably seems like the most annoying of them all is having to buy your own health insurance plan. It’s important to know your options and check this one off your long to-do list. Here’s are some options on how to get health insurance as an adult.
- Stay on your parent’s plan. Good new as long as you’re under 26, this is the cheapest options for you to continue having coverage. Even if you’re married, you can stay on your parents plan but your spouse has to find health insurance elsewhere.
- Use your student benefits. Full-time college students can usually obtain coverage through their university. If you’re currently enrolled in school, talk to your admissions office about getting coverage.
- Use your employee benefits. You’ve landed a sweet job, check with your employer to see if they offer health insurance. Many companies chip in and pay part of your monthly premium cost and some will even cover the full amount.
- Buy your own health insurance plan through the Marketplace. Health insurance plans are available through your state’s marketplace. Depending on your financial information, they will determine if you’re eligible for government subsidies.
- Enroll in Medicaid. Depending on your income, you may be eligible for Medicaid. If you are eligible, you’ll pay no monthly premium payments and get reduced rates for other healthcare costs.
- Lastly, you can buy you plan through a health insurance agency. If you don’t qualify for subsides then you can purchase insurance through a health insurance agency.
Cosmo Insurance Agency can help you shop around and know what options are best for you. Adulting can be extremely overwhelming at first, but we can help you out with the health insurance part of it. Give us a call today to speak with a health insurance representative.
Cosmo Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency serving surrounding communities in New Jersey. Cosmo keeps its promise to assure an efficient and creative approach to the services we offer. Each of our clients experience a personalized and long-term relationship with us. Our New Jersey based team of health brokers guides our clients in helping them choose the most cost-effective options. By incorporating the latest in technology-based tools and laws on healthcare, employee benefits, life insurance and finance, we keep our clients up-to-date with the plans that encompass all of their needs, whether it is individual or group insurance.
GET A HEALTH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE